It is important to keep your Trac-Rite door looking and operating like new. Below are several helpful hints to maintain your door.
- Visually inspect the entire door monthly for general cleanliness and ease of operation.
- Inspect the guides and curtain for wear and/or accidental damage.
- Inspect doors for loose fasteners, anchor bolts, and damaged or missing parts.
- If the door is equipped with a chain hoist mechanism, inspect it for missing parts.
- No specific cleaning procedures are required for your door. Clean as needed following good housekeeping practices.
- Periodically clean any accumulated dirt from guides. Remove any debris from the guide channels at the floor.
Lubricate the following every six months, or more often in dusty and/or wet operating environments.
- Guides: Open the door. Spray silicone spray, PledgeTM, or Zep 45TM onto the door guide runners and inside the guide.
- Lock: Spray the slide lock with silicone spray or Pledge to promote smooth lock operation.
- Chain Hoist: Apply a small amount of oil to roller chain.